Welcome to the world of Baby Boomer employment or should I say job seeking confusion.
- Tried to get a job after you are 50?
- Do you dream about leaving your job and trying something else?
- Have you been looking for a job that suits you but just can't seem to find one?
- Sent out 100 resumes but nobody wants you?
- Sitting at home watching your savings or redundancy money disappear?
- Do you have degrees, diplomas, certificates and other skills that don't seem to open any doors for employment?
- Will you ever have another full-time job? Are employers not seriously looking at your skills but rather your age?
- Do you feel like your working life is over?
Remember that you are not alone. There are literally hundreds of thousands of boomers in the same position and they don't know what to do about it.
BONZA wants all Boomers to Move Forwards with their lives.
It is an exciting time of change and opportunity in our lives when our parenting has all but finished and we have the time to re-invent ourselves.
Don’t dwell on the past as it is just that- HISTORY. Do some study or training, buy or start a business or just negotiate with your employer for a better deal as you are now mature age and your skills are important to the future of this country.
For over 60s there are few options available for employment: Try self employment even if you have to use a few thousand of your super; Uber will give you income using your own car; courses that promise employment; cab driving; ask people you know for work (swallow your pride); security and traffic control offer some work but pick a trainer who can open doors to work. Market products on line..there are opportunities out there.
I am not saying this list is satisfactory but unless you can go back to your previous employer then at least its income. Good luck!